Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Robert Verdi Show Premiere

Betsey Johnson & Robert Verdi
Miss Jay
Ana Ortiz

Last night, I attended the premiere of Robert Verdi's new reality show at the SVA Theater in NYC. Posing for the flashing lights, were a few recognizables like Betsey Johnson, Miss Jay, and Anna Ortiz- to name a few. After thoroughly scanning the theater for a coworker who wasn't picking up my calls, I plopped myself down into the next empty seat I spotted only to realize that Fern Mallis [Senior VP of IMG Fashion/Creator of NY Fashion Week & judge on Project Runway] was chatting casually a few rows ahead of me. I overheard one lady asking another, "Are you going to be in this episode?" At that point, I carefully observed the people seated around me. I guess they were important? As I was examining my gift bag, comprised of Pirate Booty snacks and a set of Kiehl's products, Miss Jay sauntered over confused on where to sit. I had accidentally stolen his seat. Go me. Luckily my coworker came to the rescue right at that moment.

To start off the evening, Robert himself took to the stage. After garnering a few chuckles from the audience, with his stand-up comedian-esque musings, the show began. I personally felt like the show was far from reality. In a nutshell, its a fashionably gay version of The Office. A lot of the plot was very outlandish and clearly (I hope to God) scripted. I mean, I can't imagine that he actually calls office meetings to order by screeching "BITCHESSSSS!" at the top of his lungs. Besides the misleading label, it was funny and I would watch it for comic relief at the end of a long day. Too bad Logo isn't in my channel line up.

xx CC

No comments:

Post a Comment